Quickly Identify Credit-Worthiness
The D&B Rating provides a quick and clear indication of the credit-worthiness of an organisation, which helps you to identify profitable opportunities for growth, and risks that could affect bad debt and cashflow.
The D&B Rating is made up of two parts and presented in the following format:
- Financial strength - Based on Tangible Net Worth from the latest financial accounts
- Risk Indicator - Derived from the D&B Failure Score but also takes into account expert rules and overrides
In the example above, the D&B Rating indicates an organisation with Tangible Net Worth between £1,500,000 and £6,999,999 and a high risk of failure.
To generate the Risk Indicator the D&B Failure Score is combined with expert rules such as:
- Minimum Data - To identify trading activity and provide substance for the score
- High Risk Parent - High Risk of a parent cascades down through the corporate family tree so that subsidiaries are also marked as High Risk
- Detrimental Legal Events - In addition to failure events (for example; meeting of creditors, administrator appointed, bankruptcy, etc) Detrimental Auditors Reports will also automatically mark the subject organisation as High Risk
- Possible Fraudulent Activity - Our team of Severe Risk Specialists identify potential and actual fraudulent businesses and individuals. Customers are then warned and Scores / Risk Indicators are removed or shown as High Risk
- Manual Overrides - Scores and Risk Indicators can be adjusted by authorised experts to reflect non statistical / catastrophic events