2014 year-end update
D&B’s global economic outlook to 2018
Regional insights, upgrades and downgrades from around the world.
Global Risk Insights
- The recovery from the 2008-09 recession remains the most challenging in the past century.
- The US & UK economies now lead the recovery in advanced countries, while small economies such as Ireland,Malaysia, and the Philippines continue to outperform.
- On the downside, the Eurozone faces the threat of a triple-dip recession, with key emerging economies including China and Brazil experiencing slowing growth.
- Downward revisions in growth and global economic momentum foster uncertainty across global markets.
- The drop in oil prices since mid-2014 will reduce business and household energy prices and boost macroeconomic conditions in oil-importing countries.