Group Director Data Architecture
Do you want to be part of the exciting transformation of Bisnode and lead our Group Data Architecture Organization as our Group Director Data Architecture?
Bisnode is pioneering smart data to enable our customers to make smart decisions. Group Bisnode is in the midst of a transformational journey, and as our Data is our most important asset alongside our high dedicated and professional employees, it is crucial to us that we define and implement a comprehensive data architecture cross all Bisnode markets.
Reporting to our Chief Product Officer (CPO), we are looking for a senior strategic and business oriented Group Director to join the Bisnode Group. You will lead a small team of highly specialized data architects and you will be responsible for defining the data architecture strategy across our lines of business. We intake data about companies and about individuals from a vast multitude of sources in each of the 18 countries where we operate. Your job will be to help define a data strategy and a data architecture strategy that can enable us to homogenize data from the source so that we can ingest it and process it at scale inside the group in our unified data infrastructure. This requires defining meta data structures, create reference ontologies, and working tightly with each data sourcing team in each country to guarantee internal transferability and processing of data.
The objective is to allow Bisnode to move towards a product development process on a common offering platform, thus our Data needs to be structured to be accessible, secure and legally compliant for product applications in a scalable way.
The ideal candidate should have experience from leading a data architecture strategy, preferably in a larger international context, with a thorough experience in managing both structured reference data and semi-structured data; be a strong people leader with advanced organizational and communication skills. Given the transformational journey, it is essential that the ideal candidate has a proven track record in successfully managing change.
Key areas of responsibility:
- Contribute to the definition of a data strategy for the group that supports our overall business and product strategy
- Define the minimum requirements for data in terms of regulatory compliance (e.g. GDPR)
- Define, develop and implement a comprehensive data architecture for entire Group Bisnode data portfolio including meta data structure, data dictionary, and data ontologies
- Enable a Data Architecture foundation, to enrich existing data and information with new data sets, both structured and unstructured data
- Balance the long-term strategy with current Bisnode capabilities across markets, to ensure both the final aptness for the data architecture yet equally quick wins need to be supported
- Be an active member of Group Product Management Team, building trustworthy relationships across all key stakeholders, to ensure partnership and collaboration in driving strategy and revenue potential
The role as Group Director Data Architecture will require a candidate balancing the experience and knowledge in strategic thinking and tactical approach with executional excellence through cross group initiatives. The candidate must have a proactive, engaged and enthusiastic attitude with excellent communication skills to manage and align internal stakeholders, data sources and to enrich our product and services portfolio. To be successful, it is essential to be analytical with an in-depth understanding in technological solutions, data ontology and schema development.
- The candidate should have a Master’s degree in IT, Information Systems, Engineering, Statistics, Linguistics or equivalent
- +10 years in a technical or business oriented role, working with data structure and architecture
- Profound business and technical expertise, preferably with an interest in Big Data and analytics
- Operational knowledge around data privacy regulation and in particular GDPR
- Experience from leading an international and matrix designed organization, preferably in relevant and fast paced industry
- Proven track record and extensive experience in leading and developing employees through an engaged, enthusiastic and value based leadership
- Experience in change management and in developing and enabling effective and cost efficient processes, structures and organizations
- Ability to build internal and external relationships and partnerships
- Advanced oral and written communication skills in English
- Planning and organisational capabilities and strong result focus
Interviews will be conducted ongoing, hence please send you application as soon as possible, but no later than December 31st, to Per Larsson.
Group Bisnode is currently active in 18 European countries and is one of Europe's leading providers of business information. Overall we are about 2 400 employees. Everything we do at Bisnode, is infused by our sincere dedication in helping our customers make better decisions. At Bisnode, you find individuals with diverse backgrounds, cultures and ideas which we highly believe enriches our business. Read more about Bisnode.